The Children’s Rights and Participation Team are there for YOU!
We work with you, professionals involved in your care and your family (where appropriate), to ensure your rights are respected and your voice is being listened to.
We work with all children and young people who are in the care of Barking and Dagenham local authority and young people who are leaving care.
Children’s Rights Officer:
- You can contact the Children’s Rights Officer when you have
any concerns, worries, problems or complaints related to your
care, about your review meetings and if you are unhappy with
a decision that has been made.
- The Children’s Rights Officer will work with you and support
you in raising your concerns and complaints and will give you
information and advice on your rights.
Other stuff that we do:
- We run this children in care website (www.careweb.tv). Please
contact us, if you feel there is information you would
like added to the site)
- Gym and swim passes – all young people aged 16 and over can
apply for a free gym and swim pass. This pass will allow you
free gym and swim access to two leisure centres in Barking and
- ‘Total Respect Training’ – this is a training programme run by
young people for professionals that work in children’s services,
including foster carers and keyworkers. If you are interested in
being involved in Total Respect, please contact Tracey Clarke.
Children’s Rights Officer
The Vibe, 195-211 Becontree Avenue
Phone: 020 8227 5051
Mob: 07968 511 822